Thursday, January 20

our blog

I have a few blogs and different websites that I read just about everyday and I am always disappointed when people haven't posted anything new for me to read.  I don't really know how many people actually read our blog but I feel like I can't really be too disappointed when it takes me weeks to post.  With that said I like to think I will be better at posting. 

I've found several different blogs with great allergy info and then there is the diy and super crafty sites out there. I would love to become more crafty. I have to say that I am very proud of myself for baking/cooking more. I've always enjoyed it but usually feel too busy to do it. Especially baking... well with Elliot's allergies it forces me to bake. Although there are more than you would first imagine of items available it's much cheaper and and feels a lot better to do it ourselves. I always love looking at recipes especially the photo's and because I'm so proud of myself I've taken a few of my own pictures of my new allergy free baking/cooking attempts.

Strawberry pancakes - these are good but the strawberries get way too mushy even when I've used frozen ones.

I make whole wheat blueberry pancakes every weekend that Elliot will eat through the week. 
These blueberry muffins are awesome- I can't tell there is dairy or eggs missing...

I don't really feel like yeast and I get along too well. I've attempted wheat bread and cinammon rolls. The bread was okay but very "yeasty". The cinnamon rolls were better but I had trouble with it rising and finally just cooked it anyway. So if anyone has any advice they can give, that would be awesome.

If you are reading this - thank you!  It's nice to know that there are a few people out there that finds our family interesting and cares what we are up to.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Here is a site with some good tips for working with yeast :)
http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/tips-techniques/working-with-yeast-be-not-afraid-072256

Krista said...

I hat that about myself with blogging. I always think of neat little stories and tidbits to post for family and friends, and then I never get to it. I thought writing on my iPod's WordPress app would help, but it's been months since I launched it. I'm bad about getting pics off my camera, so I probably have a dozen or more "draft" posts that are waiting for pictures.

On the strawberry pancakes, what about dicing the berries instead of slicing them? Then they'd be more distributed like blueberries and maybe you wouldn't notice the mushiness as much.