Monday, June 6

no, no, no, no, no

I don't think that I have heard "no" more in my life then in the last 2 days.  Elliot isn't even 2 yet but has been giving us such a hard time lately.  He refused to put on shoes the other day, so we didn't end up leaving the house.  He had a breakdown because he wanted another "super soy" aka Bright beginnings (his nutritional supplement drink).  It has a lot of sugar and doesn't sit well in his tummy if he drinks a lot of it but we give him one a day to help him gain weight :).   That's just a few things that he's been doing lately, I think we tend to ask him what, if more then we notice and now it might just be back-firing on us. He has been super sweet lately too, he's not always a bad boy.  Which sometimes can be hard since he's giving us kisses then starts doing something we don't want him to do. 

I couldn't sleep and decided this may be my only chance to get some words in the blog and fill in updates on Elliot...

So the last couple months Elliot's started to pick up more words.  For awhile he really had mostly movie character's down but he is picking up other words and relatives better.  A few of his current words are:  Water - that sounds similar to how he says Wall-E (yep the robot) which helped him start saying Rielly.  He has juice down, but not so much milk.  He will say banana - even though he doesn't even like to eat them.  He calls Aidan - A, loves to say baby and is good at saying mine, and will say please when you remind him too.  "Wanna fight?" - thanks to Uncle Rielly. He loves birds right now, really loves them but still doesn't quite say birds, it sounds a little bit more like bees, says bugs and ants.  It took him a few weeks but he seems to have gotten over the fear of them when he found them out in the yard.   He says Keegy, Joshy, Buzz and he will repeat some other words, names randomly. 

I know there are so many cute things that I never took the time to write down, that may become forgotten now... but before I forget Josiah did have his appendix before Memorial weekend before he was suppose to go to PA.  Luckily he hadn't left, and I didn't have to go without him for the weekend.  Other then that we are all feeling sick with a cold, I'm busy at work, busy trying to plan what is supposed to be a small family party for Elliot's Birthday.  I think I will feel better after work Wednesday since I will be off.  We are also starting to look forward to a trip this month to California. 

I had trouble trying to pull up pictures from the computer tonight so will have even more catching up to do later, yay!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

He's picked up on the manipulation tactics early huh? My nieces do the same thing..something cute then something naughty or vice versa. It's so unfair.