Tuesday, September 21

this kid loves music

The other day after I got off work Elliot really wanted to go outside.  We had already been out for a little bit and it was feeling hot out there so I explained to him that he would get to play outside later when we would be going to listen to music at the park.  That was good for him so we played inside until Josiah got home and ate dinner then got ready to go. 
As I was putting Elliot into his car seat I asked him if he wanted to go listen to music - he shook his head yes with a smile!  Josiah reminded me that we were going to be stopping by the store.  So I let Elliot know we were going to stop at the store first - he shook his head no!  I told him we could listen to music on the way & asked if he wanted to listen to it - he shook his head yes!  It was really cute. 
He did a lot of dancing at the show and drummed on the people's cooler next to us, luckily they didn't mind and drummed along with him.  An older couple went up to Josiah as they were leaving and asked how long Elliot had been walking.  They said he can't walk very well, but he sure can dance. -  I think  he walks just fine!
He has great moves. He's been bopping his head and tapping his foot.  He still bends his knees - little squats - and he moves his wrists like he's turning a doorknob (best way to describe it).  Not sure where he picks this up!
It's been really cute to see him drumming, sometimes he'll take the time to make sure he is holding the sticks the right way.  He'll accidentally drop one of them and slowly switch the sticks in his hands and make sure they are correct as he picks them up.  He has really liked clapping lately too and once you clap for him he drums just a little bit then claps for himself and waits for you to clap too. 
It's so sweet to see how he loves music right now - I hope he doesn't grow out of it!

2 comments:

BenBerDan said...

Cute! It's so funny how much he loves music!

The Zouns said...

How fun, I am sure his love of music will continue, with how much his dad is into it.