Monday, May 24

busy...busy...busy

Elliot has started walking and he is getting pretty good at it too.  He holds his hands up while he's walking and has started to turn around and even take a few steps backwards... it's the cutest thing to watch.  For some reason with walking he has become more adventurous, he's decided that he needs to grab just about anything he can get his hands on.  He's also started to climb.  Maybe it was the stairs that gave him that idea, but he likes to climb up on his play table and has also tried to use random things to prop him up on to other things.  I'm not ready for all the bumps and bruises!!  Luckily with his walking he either falls on his butt or puts his hands out in front of him which has kept him from face planting about 95% of the time.
Solids are still a bit of a struggle, but I think we are doing better at trying to get him to eat something a couple bites here and there are good... and at least he will eat the puffs... right? I'm not sure if it's the weather but his eczema has been bad in the last few days.  I'm going to blame it on our bipolar weather! Beautiful big snowflakes this morning and a sunny blue sky this afternoon has to be the cause.  I hope the warm weather finally sticks around because we are still using the heater!
Luckily, we put in that sump pump last year because it has been running a lot lately.  I will never understand how our house never had one before.  Now that I'm mentioning the house.... we would really like to do a garden this year but still have lots of work to put into the yard fist.  There are so many projects that we would like to do and not much time to do it.  We have plans for painting, new flooring and maybe a new vanity in the bathroom and a new dishwasher.  Can't wait for a better dishwasher! 

1 comment:

BenBerDan said...

Too cute! He is so cute when he walks. Mom said he reminds her of Aidan because of how adventurous he is. I love his little personality!