- Elliot's bottom front right incisor first showed up on, March 14th. It disappeared the next day and came back and forth until about a week later. By the next week the bottom left incisor and top right incisor made an appearence. As of today the bottom two incisors are here to stay and the top two are making their way down.
- Introduced Cheerios to Elliot, he almost choked the first time but has since learned to chew a little bit better but we definitely prefer the gerber puffs. They melt away much faster, he enjoys the sweet potatoe but didn't seem to like the taste of the bannana.
- Had Elliot's first day of Spring. We took a trip to the park and have made it for a few walks around the neighborhood. He loves being outside. We can't wait for the weather to stay warm so we can have more days outside.
- Elliot was blessed at church last week during the blessing of the children service. It was well needed for all of us and nice to hear.
- This last Sunday Elliot tried formula for the first time... he immediately broke out in hives. We have since tried soy formula which he doesn't seem to be having a problem with. We would still like to talk to the pedi about soy. It's been difficult for me to go to soy but I am not going to make it till he is a year old so we needed to get him use to it. He seems to be doing fine with it.
- He tried a teething biscuit that he loved! Once it was time to clean up we noticed hives on his hands. When I checked the box it did indicate that it contained milk. I assume that is what caused the hives but we are going to see an allergist in a few weeks. His pedi told us that most of the time when babies are allergic to milk they end up being allergic to soy, so hopefully we can find some things out when we see the allergist. Good thing Miriam likes the biscuits!
- So aquaphor, eucerin, vanicream, both aveeno's, vaseline, and hydrocortisone have not been helping much on his face. We are currently trying out crisco. Sounds crazy but I read online that it's helped several other people. His face is somewhat good right now but I don't know that it has to do with the crisco. It goes from good, bad, worse to awful just about every week. I've heard of a few other creams that I think we will try soon after we give the crisco a little more time.
- We have been terrible at giving Elliot solids. With his face flaring up it's hard to give him anything, when we last tried bannana's with him he rubbed it all over his face and seemed to flare up afterwards. He hasn't taken to the spoon well so at least he is starting to enjoy the fingerfoods. We froze some peas and put it in the teether mesh and he seemed fine with it so hopefully that's a way we can introduce the flavor and maybe texture? to him at least... thanks Rickie for the idea!
- He's been adding Maaaamaaa into his vocabularly a little more. He's been good with dada for awhile and only has only said Mama once or twice so it's nice to hear it more often... even if it's not directed to me. :) He's also been making some interesting pterodactyl like noises and says "I-duh" often. He has been very vocal so it's fun to talk back to him like I know what he is saying.
- He is such a Daddy's boy, to the fullest! It's cute and hard at the same time. He does get excited to see me when I get home from work so I know that he remembers he has a Mama too. :)
- He's begun a phase of not allowing us to put him down for naps. He's always been spoiled falling asleep in our arms first but now he doesn't even let us put him down. We would probably be a little tougher on him accept for the fact that when he cries and is upset he rubs his face like crazy and with the dry raw patches it's not pretty afterward. Along with the teething we have had some rough nights. I'm hoping once these front teeth come in and with the weather changing it will help his face and his sleeping habbits.
- Lastly, I gave Josiah a haircut tonight. Considering the limited amount of time an unhappy baby and only scissors I think I did a good job.
Thursday, April 1
March 2010
so much has happened in this last month, where to start...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment