Sunday, December 13

good night

Just had such a good night putting Elliot down for bed.  He had a rough day... really rough day... from his 6month shots yesterday (he got 5 shots), but after his bath he was a happy boy.  He's been such a Daddy's boy today so I wasn't sure if he would let me feed him and put him to bed.  He cried for Josiah a bit so he stuck around so Elliot could still see him.  Elliot had a hard time eating his bottle because he wanted to play.  So I let him play a bit and he tried to chat with me.  Josiah passed out and started snoring and once Elliot heard and saw that Daddy was asleep he decided he could go to bed.  He was laying in my arms and started to fall asleep so I gave him a soft kiss and set my head on his and closed my eyes, he then grabbed my face and kissed my chin.  It was so sweet.  He laid like that and finished his bottle so I put him on my shoulder to get a burp out and he did, and he started to rock a little bit (to rock the chair) it was really funny and cute.  Then he laid his head on my chest and fell asleep.  This isn't very usual of him, which adds to how precious of a night it was.  I usually have to get up and rock him standing up a bit before he'll let me just rock in the chair.  I almost cried when I explained to Josiah how cute Elliot was being.  Seeing Elliot develop his personality is amazing.  He is so precious, I am very blessed.

1 comment:

BenBerDan said...

Oh how sweet! That's cute..